Thursday, December 6, 2012

Soopa Monk

Normally, I try to work from the bigger picture down into details. So I would start with a small sketch of the whole composition then blow that up and narrow things down from there. That wasn't this case with this piece, though. I started with just a sketch of this beefy monk dude and started adding things on. I had a general idea of where it was going, but its hard to tell if the composition as a whole will work out when you do things that way. I'm pretty happy with it though.
Also, just for fun I put a little animation on it there at the bottom. Nothing too fancy, I'm just toying with the idea of putting animation loops in as a final touch to my work. Oh, and don't forget, you can click these suckers for a closer look!

No comments:

Post a Comment